Call for Startups to participate in the City-Tech Challenge Pitch Contest (Deadline: Oct.31)
The Global Event 2023 Executive Committee will hold the first edition of City-Tech.Tokyo in February next year in order to realize a sustainable society through open innovation with startups.
From Friday, September 9, we are calling for eligible startups who wish to participate in the City-Tech Challenge, a pitch contest to determine the global No. 1 startup of City-Tech, an event to realize a sustainable society through open innovation with startups, which will be held at City-Tech.Tokyo.
Entry form (https://forms.office.com/r/NUT1SnBmb6)
＜Purpose of Pitch Contest＞
To determine the global No. 1 startup of City-Tech, an event to realize a sustainable society through open innovation with startups.
＜Advantages of Participating in the Pitch Contest＞
- The winning company will receive 10 million yen in cash, with other prizes to be determined.
- 20 companies (including semi-finalists) will be provided with opportunities to pitch their businesses during the event, enabling them to promote their businesses to participating VCs, large corporations, and more.
Monday, February 27 and Tuesday, February 28, 2023
Tokyo International Forum (3-5-1 Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo)
*The event will also be broadcasted online.
English *Materials, pitches and communication are expected to be carried out in English.
- Must have a product or service.
- In principle, less than 50% owned by a large corporation or large group.
- Must provide solutions that apply to the fields related to City-Tech, which “lead the way to a new vision of sustainable cities” such as infrastructure (hardware and software), mobility, environment and energy, food tech, medical and healthcare, fintech, culture and entertainment.
- Must wish to pursue opportunities for collaboration and investment with the aim of global expansion.
- Must be able to exhibit on site for the entire two-day event.
By 5:00 p.m. (JST) on Monday, October 31, 2022
＜How to Enter＞
Please submit entry form (link: https://forms.office.com/r/NUT1SnBmb6) and pitch materials (submit to: we will inform later).
*Pitch material format: 3-minute pitch, no more than 7 MB, submitted as a pdf file.
＜Flow and Selection Process after Entry＞
- Preliminary screening: Entry information + pitch materials
(only companies that pass the preliminary screening will be contacted in late November 2022).
- Secondary screening: 20 companies selected based on pitch videos
(only companies that pass the secondary screening will be contacted in late December 2022).
- Semi-Finals: Judged at the Pitch Contest on the first day of the event
- Finals: Judged at the Pitch Contest on the second day of the event
*Both the Finals and Semi-Final pitches should be 5 minutes long with a 3 minute Q&A session.
The screening process will focus on the following aspects
- Marketability for solving urban issues and potential for expansion to other cities
- Global track record, including demonstrations
- Competitive advantage
＜Travel and Accommodation Expenses to Japan (Venue: Tokyo
The participants are expected to pay their own travel and accommodation expenses.
＜Event Content other than Exhibits＞
- Keynote speeches by prominent figures
- Talk sessions with city leaders, start-ups, large corporations, investors, experts, etc.
- Company exhibition at the exhibition booth
- Business matching among startups, large companies, and participating cities
Global Event 2023 Executive Committee Office