Call for Startups as Booth Exhibitors (Deadline: Oct.31)
The Global Event 2023 Executive Committee will hold the first edition of City-Tech.Tokyo in February next year in order to realize a sustainable society through open innovation with startups.
Starting, Friday, September 9, applications from startups wishing to exhibit at this event will be accepted, and eligible startups are encouraged to apply.
Application form (link: https://forms.office.com/r/NUT1SnBmb6).
With the goal of 300 booths for startups and 10,000 participants from 100 cities in 30 countries, the event will create opportunities to enhance and expand connections among participants and lead to concrete collaborations and increased corporate investment in order to lead the way for new urban visions with diverse ideas and technologies on themes such as infrastructure, environment, living, and culture.
To share City-Tech with the world from Tokyo in order to realize a sustainable society through open innovation with startups.
- City-Tech.Tokyo main themes：Infrastructure, environment, living, and culture
- Fields where City-Tech is particularly expected to be utilized：
Infrastructure (hardware and software), mobility, environment and energy, food tech, medical and healthcare, fintech, culture and entertainment (e.g. traditional performing arts, sports)
- Chances to collaborate and partner with other startups and companies in the area of City-Tech in Japan.
- Information on urban issues faced by cities around the world and advanced case studies on how to solve these issues.
- Chances to participate in business meetings attended by decision makers from Japanese companies.
- Interaction with investors, media, etc., in addition to cities and companies from around the world.
- Networking among cities and companies around the world engaged in startup support.
(Contributing to the formation of a global startup ecosystem for the realization of a sustainable society)
Monday, February 27 and Tuesday, February 28, 2023
Tokyo International Forum (3-5-1 Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo)
（*This will be a hybrid in-person and online event, but booths will only be available at the venue）
English *Posting and communication are expected to be carried out in English.
- Must have a product or service.
- In principle, less than 50% owned by a large corporation or large group.
- Must provide solutions that apply to the fields related to City-Tech, which “lead the way to a new vision of sustainable cities” such as infrastructure (hardware and software), mobility, environment and energy, food tech, medical and healthcare, fintech, culture and entertainment.
- Must wish to pursue opportunities for collaboration and investment with the aim of global expansion.
- Must be able to exhibit on site for the entire two-day event.
By 5:00 p.m. (JST) on Monday, October 31, 2022
Apply through the application form (link: https://forms.office.com/r/NUT1SnBmb6).
The screening process will focus on the following aspects
- Marketability for solving urban issues and potential for expansion to other cities
- Global track record, including demonstrations
- Competitive advantage
＜Flow After Applying＞
Only startups that pass the screening process will be contacted in mid-December.
＜Exhibition Fees, etc.＞
Exhibition Fee: 100,000 JPY (use of space, basically frame cost only)
Exhibition fee will be free for overseas startups
However there is a limit for additional decoration and display items and logistics costs should be paid by the startups (all startups)
Booth duration: 2 days
Booth specifications: 1 display table
(W1,000 x D 450 mm, load capacity 20 kg)
Hooks for panel display
One 500W power outlet (2 outlets)
Company name plate panel (W500 x H700)
＜Travel and Accommodation Expenses to Japan (Venue: Tokyo International Forum)＞
The participants are expected to pay their own travel and accommodation expenses.
＜Event Content other than Exhibits＞
- Keynote speeches by prominent figures
- Talk sessions with city leaders, start-ups, large corporations, investors, experts, etc.
- Contest-style pitch event
- Business matching among startups, large companies, and participating cities
Global Event 2023 Executive Committee Office